Select Page

A soccer star is being sued by a woman who said he raped her in the penthouse suite hotel in 2009 and then dispatched a team of “fixers” to obstruct the criminal investigation and trick her into keeping quiet for $375,000.

The suit says the woman asked police last month to reopen the criminal case; the police confirmed that they have reopened a sexual assault case from 2009 brought by the woman named in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that the woman, who was then 24, went with a friend to the nightclub on the night of June 12, 2009, and met the athlete there. It says he invited a group of people up to his suite “to enjoy the view of the Las Vegas strip” and then into the hot tub; according to the suit, he then barged in on her as she was changing, exposed himself and asked her for oral sex.

When she refused, the lawsuit claims, he raped her.

The athlete did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. But after a report on the case, he says that it violates his personal rights in an exceptionally serious way.

According to the lawsuit, the woman named in the suit reported the attack to police the same day. The woman refused to tell police where the sexual assault took place or assist with identifying a suspect other than to say he was a European soccer player.

The lawsuit claims that the woman’s family arranged for a lawyer “who only had several years of legal experience.” Negotiations left her with “intrusive thoughts, an increased sense of extreme anxiety and fearfulness, complete helplessness and passivity,” according to the lawsuit

The lawsuit also accuses the athlete or those working for him of battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, coercion and fraud, abuse of a vulnerable person, racketeering and civil conspiracy, defamation, abuse of process, breach of contract, and negligence for allowing details of the confidential settlement to leak out.

It asks for general damages, special damages, punitive damages, and special relief, each in excess of $50,000, along with interest, attorney fees, and court costs.

Sexual Assault is one of the most common criminal charges in Texas.  If not defended properly by an assault lawyer, it could lead to a more serious consequence.

The above fact-finding is just one of the many examples by you should consider hiring an experienced lawyer to help you properly defend your sexual assault case.

Assault conviction may lead to:

  • Loss of custody of your children.
  • Loss of your job
  • Loss of housing or your lease.
  • Penalties ranging from a fine of up to $500 – $10,000 and up to 2 – 20 years in prison, depending on whether the charge is classified as a misdemeanor or felony.

If you are an immigrant or a temporary citizen of the United States, you could be deported back to your home country.

Loss of the right to own or possess a firearm.

 

Lawyer of the Area

Yong J. An is a former federal and state prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, who will provide all the representation you need. Your priority should be to find an attorney at law who knows the criminal justice system, particularly Texas law. Yong J. An also provides support for Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Spanish speaking clients. Yong J. An has law offices in convenient locations all over the Houston area. He is available by phone 24/7 at 832 428 5679 via call and text.

Yong J. An, Criminal Defense and DWI attorney, Abogado de Defensa Criminal, Brazoria County, Pearland, Angleton, Lake Jackson, Manvel, Alvin, Freeport, Waller County, Hempstead, Chamber County, Anahuac, Montgomery County, Woodland, Conroe, Jefferson County, Beaumont, Liberty County. Also, Cleveland, Brazos County, College Station, Bryan, Fort Bend County, Sugarland. Moreover, Richmond, Rosenberg, Missouri City, Harris County, Houston, Spring, Pasadena, Humble, Tomball, Cypress, Webster, Galena Park, South Houston, Deer Park. Katy, Baytown, Kingwood, Galveston County, League City, Texas City, Dickinson, Kemah, Friendswood, and Santa Fe.